There are many steps in the food preparation process. One of the most important parts is known as the food test. This is vital because we cannot deny the importance of food hygiene whether it is a home, retail store, restaurant or food factory. Over time, more and more people realize the importance of food security. Let’s see why food hygiene is of paramount importance.
According to statistics, 48 million people get sick from foodborne illness, 3,000 die from food poisoning and 128,000 are hospitalized. Below are some common reasons why food safety is so important.
1. First of all, if the available food or drink is not safe, you cannot have it. For example, if the water is not free of harmful elements, you can get sick from drinking dirty water. The same rule applies to different types of food.
2. People all over the world are getting sick every day from contaminated food and drink. Food poisoning is caused by parasites, viruses and bacteria found in different food products.
3. There is no clear way to determine if a food product is contaminated. The reason is that you cannot detect unhealthy substances in food by using your sense of taste, smell or sight.
4. According to many reports, food poisoning can cause dehydration, gastroenteritis or many serious problems like kidney failure. In some cases, patients can even die.
5. The risk of food poisoning is greater in babies, children, the elderly or pregnant mothers. Likewise, patients with cancer, HIV infections and other serious illnesses are also more prone to the effects of contaminated food.
With food safety and hygiene, it is possible to prevent the multiplication of germs and bacteria. Thus, they do not reach dangerous levels.
6. It is important to stay healthy and avoid spending money on medications and regular check-ups. And this is of paramount importance to businesses as they lose billions of dollars to employee downtime every year.
7. In most cases, food poisoning occurs because of poor hygiene, such as not washing your hands properly before eating. Therefore, it is important to follow good hygiene practices. In other words, hand washing is more important for those who work in the kitchen.
Another major cause of food poisoning is cross contamination. This process transfers bacteria to different foods. For example, contaminants can be transferred from raw foods to products that are all ready to be sold.
It is important to know how bacteria and viruses spread. The idea is how to prevent the spread of these unhealthy elements. Therefore, good hygienic practices are essential for both factories and common users. The food sold by these production units must be able to be consumed in complete safety.
In short, here are some of the top reasons why you might want to follow food hygiene practices. Apart from this, food testing is also important to make sure that what you eat is free from bacteria, viruses, and other substances that can negatively impact your health and that of your family.