We all love bananas, don’t we? These are popular and highly nutritious fruits that can be found in just about every country in the world. They are the second most exported fruit across the world after tomatoes, if you can really categorize them as a fruit in the conventional style. There are hardly any calories in a banana to worry about and they taste delicious, but eating them on their own all the time can get a bit boring, even for the biggest banana fan.
With that in mind, I thought I’d share a super quick and easy banana bread recipe that I picked up this weekend while staying with friends. Believe me, you don’t have to be a Gordan Ramsay in the kitchen to be able to do this, and I would like to stress that if I can do it, then anyone can!
Ingredients for my very simple banana bread recipe
So first of all, I am going to list here the ingredients that you will need for this very simple banana bread recipe. These are all things you are likely to have in the kitchen, otherwise they are all easy to find at any local store or supermarket.
* 4 bananas, the more ripe (or brown) the better
* 1/3 cup of butter
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla
* 1/3 cup of raisins
* 1 teaspoon of baking soda
* Sprinkle with salt
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 and a half cups of flour
* Wooden spoon
* Cup (to measure your ingredients)
* A teaspoon
* A large bowl
* 4 * 8 deep loaf pan
* Cooling support
You don’t have to include raisins if you don’t like them or if you don’t have one in the kitchen, they are just an additional ingredient that I used to make my bread recipe. easy bananas a little tastier.
How to make banana bread
So you have all of your ingredients in front of you, now is the time for a very brief explanation to point out how easy this banana bread recipe is. In fact, it shouldn’t take you more than five minutes to prepare the banana bread before sautéing it for about an hour.
1. Before you get your hands on the ingredients, turn the oven to 175 degrees Celsius, or 350 degrees Fahrenheit, to make sure it is preheated by the time you put your banana bread mixture in it for baking.
2. Peel the bananas and put them in the bowl and mash them with the fork.
3. Take your wooden spoon and mix the butter with the mashed banana in the bowl.
4. Then add the egg and continue to mix, before adding the raisins, sugar and vanilla, continuing to mix.
5. While still mixing, add the salt and baking soda.
6. Then add the flour and mix again.
7. Butter the mold before pouring / pouring in the mixture.
8.Place in the oven for an hour.
9. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
10. Enjoy it!
As you can see, this simple banana bread recipe can be made in 10 quick and easy steps, by anyone, regardless of their level of cooking expertise.
Calories in Banana Bread
If you are someone who watches your weight and counts calories, then you may be interested in the number of calories in banana bread. It’s hard to put an exact number on each slice but I would say there are around 220-240 calories in each slice of banana bread.
I can also add however that there are various nutritional benefits that you can get from eating banana bread, with the exact nutrients in it listed below:
* The iron
* Vitamin A
* Vitamin C
Hope you found my simple banana bread recipe useful and try it yourself at home.