The KETO COOKBOOK is a MUST HAVE – an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE – for all families, caregivers and allied professionals who need a thorough understanding of the ketogenic diet and its application to help reduce seizures in children with dementia. epilepsy and certain other neurological conditions.
The Keto Cookbook, co-authored by Dawn Martinez and Laura Cramp, RD, LD, CNSC, is written with the same precision and detail that the very nature of the diet dictates, reflecting the awareness, skill and vast experience. of the two women.
Dawn is the mother of Charlotte, who has Dravet syndrome and has responded so successfully to the Keto diet after exhaustive and unsuccessful attempts at anti-epileptic anti-epileptic drugs.
Laura is a registered dietitian at the Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, DC, working not only with patients and their families, but advising healthcare professionals and hospital food staff on the intricacies of using the ketogenic diet. to treat epilepsy and reduce seizures.
Gone are the myths that this diet is unappetizing, unpleasant, boring and unattractive! Beautifully illustrated recipes for 96 delicious meals and snacks are proof of that. All the recipes:
– are approved by Keto
– give the number of calories
– give the exact ingredients for a 4: 1 diet
– are described in more detail with symbols indicating other aspects of the recipe, for example “Fast”, “Vegetarian”, “Freezes well”.
The actual diet, while very important, is just one of the many things Keto families need to address and fully understand.
Other chapters covering all eventualities to make the stringent demands of the ketogenic diet as manageable as possible include:
– store the pantry for emergencies presented both by unforeseen calamities of the daily schedule to major emergencies such as power outages, floods, snow, etc.
– keep a supply of instant snacks and frozen meals that can be quickly …
– presentation of the kitchen by removing the temptations of prying fingers
– equip the kitchen with the essentials for preparing meals, to reduce unspecified time
– examples of letters to present at airports, schools, hospitals, etc. to facilitate the situation
I highly recommend the “Keto Cookbook” because in the world of the ketogenic diet, it would be difficult to match the combined knowledge and experience of the authors, who wrote with precision and professionalism, but from a base of heartache and of love.
It is difficult to estimate the happiness brought to a family of a child suffering from uncontrollable seizures when the Keto Diet is successful in reducing or eliminating seizures. From watching helplessly as their child slowly deteriorates and slipping developmentally backwards, to seeing the success of the diet – the child reemerging with their previously known personality, advancing in development, regaining speech and other stages. important is unimaginable stress replaced by unimaginable joy for those involved.