This is the best chicken soup ever! I bring the recipe that passed from my grandmother to my mother in our family and it’s delicious! I won’t lie, it’s not very easy to do, but trust me, it’s worth it.
I suggest you follow the exact instructions in order to get the best result.
Before you begin, there are a few things to consider:
1) Chicken should be fresh and free from unnecessary fat and skin.
2) It is better to use mineral water for cooking, pure and clean.
3) The cooking is slow, do not let the water boil, just simmer a little.
• 2 entire chicken weighs approximately 3 kg (6.5 lbs)
• 0.5 kg (1 lb) chicken wings
• 5 liters of mineral the water
• 0.5 kg (1 lb) of clean, cut products carrot
• 2 onions . Cut in half each • 4 celery leaves . Cut into quarters
• ten parsley stems
• 1 clean parsley root
• 1 lettuce . The leaves should be soaked in hot water for about 1 min
• 1 dried bay leaf (or 2 fresh leaves)
• 1 spoon of black pepper – cereals
• 1 spoon of kosher salt
• 1 spoon of dill – diced
1) Place the chickens with the wings in a large saucepan. Add black pepper and salt. Cover the chickens with water (you don’t need to use all the water, just from the buck, make sure the water covers all the chicken).
2) Put the pan on a medium heat and slowly bring to a boil.
3) When the water begins to boil, lower the heat to minimum and remove any foam (white foam that floats on the water). Don’t stop until the water is clear again.
4) Once the water is clear, add the other ingredients except the lettuce and dill. Once everything is added, increase the heat to medium and let it boil. Again, when this happens, reduce the heat to a minimum.
5) Let it cook over low heat, and once it starts to boil, add the lettuce leaves on top of the soup to prevent evaporation and overheating.
6) Cover the pot, but leave a narrow opening. Continue cooking for about 4 hours.
7) Once the soup is ready, strain it. You can throw away the vegetables. Separate the chicken meat from the bones and discard the bones as well.
8) Now you can cut the chicken meat into squares, add a spoon or 2 of the meat to each plate along with the chopped dill and pour the soup over it.
9) Enjoy your soup!