Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and a healthy breakfast means you and your child will have a great day. Doctors and experts advise having breakfast within 1-2 hours of waking up and it meets 25-30% of a person’s nutritional needs. Usually children complain that they have to eat the same Indian dishes for breakfast over and over again. So you can try different egg recipes for breakfast.
To help you prepare a nutritious meal for your teens and kids, here we’ve found the best breakfast choices you can make without scratching your head in the morning. Even you can do a little preparation in the evening to make breakfast quickly.
Breakfast ideas and recipes for kids
DOSA / CHEELA
1. Moong Dal Cheela: Healthy and healthy, protein-rich moong dal cheela or green gram dosa is a perfect breakfast for your children. Serve it with a green chutney or peanut chutney with milk.
2. Besan ka Cheela: This recipe brings a lot of memories from our childhood because it can be prepared quickly. Add some vegetables to the dough to make it more nutritious. Besan is usually gram or chana flour and is high in protein and energy. This is one of the quick Indian breakfast dishes for the morning. Serve it to your child with curd or tomato chutney.
3. Ragi Cheela: This cheela or Dosa is made from Ragi / wheat flour. It is rich in calcium and can be prepared quickly. Prepare the paste of the desired consistency and pour it over Tawa. Add ghee or oil on Tawa and flip the cheela. Serve it hot with curd.
BREAD AND BREAKFAST IDEAS
4. Healthy Beet Pav Bhaji: Prepare the Bhaji with as many vegetables as you can without adding color. Now watch your child swallow them up. Serve it hot with wheat bread or pavs.
5. Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Teens and kids love cheese. Most love to have it with all the meals on offer. Try this toasted sandwich with a garnish of vegetables like bell pepper, carrot and corn with a little extra cheese.
6. Egg Salad Sandwich: Many parents prefer their child to eat eggs for their breakfast. It is high in protein and provides a good boost in the morning. Pair the egg with healthy vegetables and bread to make the filling of an egg bread sandwich. This is one of the best egg recipes for kids’ breakfast.
7. Fried Half Egg with Bread: This is one of the fastest Indian breakfast dishes and it is also very nutritious. Pour oil on a saucepan and crack some eggs on it. Do not let the egg yolk break and cook it until it is half-cooked. Remove half a fried egg from the pan and serve with bread baked in butter. Half an egg with bread is one of the best breakfasts enjoyed by children, teens and young people.
8. Methi PARATHA: Methi Parathas are delicious to eat and the best breakfast to have in the morning. Prepare the methi paste overnight and it will take barely 5 minutes to make Paratha. Serve it with a bowl of curd.
Try Potato Paratha, Gajar Paratha, Gobhi Paratha, and Beet Paratha for healthy mornings.
You can also try some Idlis, Soya Tikkis / Chaap, Bread Omelette, Dhokla, Egg Paratha, and Milk Shakes for the kids. Try smoothies for busy mornings. Share your experiences and quick recipe videos with everyone.