Black Bean Soup is another frugal (frugal + delicious) and quick recipe from The Budget Diet girl!
It’s a frugal recipe because it’s a vegetarian black bean soup recipe!
This is a frugal recipe because you will be spending less than $ 1 per serving!
It’s a frugal recipe because it’s made with pantry staples, so it’s perfect for cold weather when you want to stay in your cozy home instead of venturing out into the cold!
It’s a quick and easy recipe because it only uses 3 ingredients!
It’s delicious on a cold winter day, and it’s good for you too!
It’s FAST … in less than 10 minutes you’ll have a delicious dinner on the table that tastes like you’ve been cooking all day! Shhh … don’t tell anyone!
Black bean soup recipe
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz) vegetable broth
- 1 cup of salsa (your favorite kind!)
- Optional garnishes: sour cream, cilantro, diced tomatoes, grated Mexican cheese.
- Combine black beans, vegetable broth and salsa in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree about 2/3 of the soup. It’s good to have a few whole beans!
- Serve with optional toppings if desired and complete the meal with fresh tortillas or tortilla chips.
- Yield: 4 main course servings or 8 small portions
No more excuses for dining out when you have a frugal and quick recipe like 3 Ingredient Black Bean Soup!
Remember: Eat in, not out with frugal, quick recipes from The Budget Diet.