We all want to know the secret of these delicious dishes served in Indian restaurants. But most of us feel quite reluctant to try these recipes at home. We have for you 8 restaurant style Indian food recipes that are very easy to prepare at home. With these recipes, you will be able to recreate all those favorite dishes of Indian restaurants without leaving your home. These restaurant style Indian dishes do not require long hours of cooking and taste super good. All you have to do is follow these Indian food recipes all the way to the tee.
1) Dal Makhani – You will be surprised to know that it is very easy to make Dal Makhani at home. And the one prepared at home is not overtly loaded with cream and artificial flavors. This dal makhani recipe makes a perfectly creamy, thick and succulent dal without spending hours by the gas stove. Serve it with lachha paratha or homemade naan for a full Punjabi restaurant-style meal.
2) Paneer Pasanda – Paneer Pasanda is one of the most popular Indian vegetarian dishes served in restaurants. It’s a rich Paneer sauce adored by anyone who is tasting it for the first time. It’s not that hard to make a restaurant-style Paneer Pasanda at home. And once you excel at this recipe, you’ll never go back to this artificially colored and confusing paneer sauce served in restaurants.
3) Chicken Do Pyaza – An amazing recipe, this one gets all the punjabi flavors just right. Chicken do pyaza is prepared with a lot of onion. The sweetness of the onion and the warmth of the spices create a nice finger-licking flavor combination. It is a perfect dish for gourmets who like to savor spicy curries. Chicken Do Pyaza can be enjoyed with jeera rice, lachha paratha or roasted tandoori.
4) Soya Chaap Tikka Masala – Nowadays, many restaurants serve vegetarian tikka masala made with soy chaap. Soy chaap or simulated meat made with soy is a great meat substitute for vegetarian lovers. This soy tikka masala chaap can give chicken tikka masala served in restaurants a tough fight. If you don’t believe me, try this recipe once. For anyone who is vegetarian, curry-loving and bored of paneer tikka masala – this is a must-try recipe.
5) Butter Chicken – No discussion of Indian restaurant food is complete without Butter Chicken. And every chicken lover should have a foolproof butter chicken recipe under their sleeve. What I like most about this butter chicken recipe is that it takes just 30 minutes to prepare. It has an easy-to-follow ingredient list, precise cooking method, and doesn’t require hours of prep. Don’t forget to serve butter chicken with butter naan for a complete and tasty meal.
6) Kadhai Paneer – Kadhai Paneer is one of the most popular paneer dishes to order when eating at any Punjabi restaurant in North India. Why? Because it is full of flavor and complements almost any Indian bread perfectly. What if I told you now that you can make a restaurant-style Kadhai Paneer at home. This too in less than 30 minutes. This kadhai paneer recipe is pretty straightforward, making it even easier for you to earn plenty of rewards from anyone who tastes it.
7) Pineapple Raita – Sweet and salty pineapple raita is one of the most common side dishes served with Indian curries in restaurants. The cooled pineapple raita helps cool the heat of the curry spices. It’s also a calming change for the taste buds. Now you can make the best pineapple raita at home with this simple recipe. And ever since I started making pineapple raita at home, it has become an everyday affair.
8) Naan – Whether it’s rich and spicy meat curries or light and hearty vegetarian dishes, Naan is a bread that humbly compliments everyone. No Indian meal in any restaurant is complete without a naan. Making soft and fluffy Naan at home is no problem. This naan recipe doesn’t even require yeast. And the best part about making naan at home is that you can make them whenever you want and serve them piping hot.